It’s no arguing the fact that SEO is important for businesses that want to reach their online customers and build an effective online presence. The right SEO plan will improve your website’s position in SERP and help you attract quality traffic more easily. But, it’s worth noting that SEO is a slow game. It can take several weeks (or even months) to achieve the desired results through SEO.
In saying that, however, there are a few SEO growth hacks that’ll help you get the best out of your SEO India campaigns. These growth hacks involve completely white-hat techniques, which means you’ll be able to rank higher in Google search results without relying on unethical SEO practices.
In this guide, we are going to unveil 3 SEO growth hacks for small and large-scale businesses that’ll speed up the entire process and help you drive more traffic to your website.
1. Start With Simple On-Page Optimization
Unlike the good old days, you can’t put aside on-page optimization anymore. Google has started to prioritize engagement and user experience while ranking different websites in search results. This means that if your website doesn’t offer a user-friendly browsing experience, you’ll most likely struggle to secure a position on the first page of SERP.
On-page SEO is the key to make your website more engaging. When your website will have relevant and informative content, people will automatically spend more time on it, resulting in a low bounce rate and better rankings.
Here are a few factors that you must remember while performing on-page optimization for your website.
- Start by improving the loading speed for each web page. The general thumb rule says that all pages on your website should load within 3 seconds. So, remove any elements, be it images or unnecessary graphics, that slow down the website
- Add relevant and informative content that encourages the readers to scroll down till the end of the page. Don’t write content for the sake of ranking higher. Instead, focus on answering user’s queries as this will help you improve your website’s dwell time
- Write meta titles and descriptions that can help you boost the CTR (Click-Through-Rate).
2. Focus On Featured Snippets
Google featured snippets are the “rich answers” that Google displays at the top of search results. In fact, featured snippets appear even before the #1 search result in SERP. So, if you want to attract organic traffic to your website, your primary goal should be to secure a position in featured snippets.
But, there’s no direct way to get a spot in these snippets. Why? Because no one knows how Google’s algorithm chooses a website for featured snippets. This means there’s no guarantee that you’ll be able to secure a spot, even after implementing the right SEO practices.
However, there are a few tricks that’ll increase your odds of getting featured in snippets. These tricks include:
- First of all, evaluate the web pages that are already ranking on the first page of SERP.
- Then, find out the “questions” that people will most likely use while performing a Google search. For instance, if your page ranks for “white-hat SEO”, the question can be “what is white-hat SEO” or “why white-hat SEO is important”. You can use Google keyword planner to identify which queries have higher search volume.
- Once you’ve figured out the right questions, the next step would be to answer them on your web page. Try to write a detailed answer so that Google knows that you are actually trying to resolve the searcher's query. To make things more effective, you can also add the specific question in heading tags (H1, H2, H3,.....).
3. Backlinks - Focus on Quality Over Quantity
If you’re familiar with SEO, you already know the significance of backlinks. Without backlinks, you won’t be able to rank higher in Google, even if your website’s on-page SEO is top-notch. When it comes to building backlinks, you should always focus on quality. Google itself claims that 10 high-quality backlinks are far better than 100 random low-authority links.
Apart from improving your search engine rankings, high-quality backlinks will also improve your website’s overall domain authority (DA). This will further make it easier to sustain the top rankings for a longer time period.
Here are a few tricks that’ll help you acquire quality backlinks from high-authority domains.
Start writing guest posts. As surprising as it may sound, guest posting is still one of the most reliable white-hat link-building strategies. Though the process to get backlinks through guest posting is quite hectic, you’ll be thrilled to know that all your endeavors will be completely worth it in the end. Look for high-authority domains that accept guest blogs and reach out to all of them with your content ideas. After receiving the approval, you can either look for a professional guest posting service or write the blog by yourself.
- Use a tool like Ahrefs to analyze your competitor’s backlink profile. Why? Because domains that link to your competitors will most likely link to your website as well. Once you’ve found the right domains, all you have to do is create link-worthy content and manually reach out to them with your proposal
- List your website on different online directories, especially if you want to attract local traffic. Apart from helping you build brand exposure, online directories also serve as a great way to acquire high-quality backlinks.
- Publishing infographics on your website is yet another way to secure high-quality backlinks. People love infographics because they deliver information more effectively. So, when your website will have infographics, people will most likely link to it, resulting in an overall strong backlink profile.
The Bottom Line
Whether you run a local business or a fully-functional e-commerce store, the above-mentioned SEO tricks will help you improve your website’s performance in SERP and get more traffic. But, keep in mind that these practices will only work when you have developed a well-planned affordable SEO Services campaign for your website. In case you don’t know how SEO works, it would be better to hire professional SEO experts to do the job.